Enhancing our local impact through purposeful partnershipsPosted on April 16, 2014 by Debra Jacobs, president and CEO of The Patterson Foundation
At The Patterson Foundation, we embrace our values through purposeful partnerships in philanthropy. By working with multiple entities, we learn together as we develop new realities. These partnerships have resulted in EdExplore SRQ, Patriot Plaza at Sarasota National Cemetery, the Legacy of Valor campaign, the Student Emergency Fund and others. Our work touches on many quality of life factors in our region, such as health care, veterans, homelessness prevention and economic development.
Rather than soliciting grant proposals, our intense work of partnering -- whether locally or beyond -- includes an exchange of resources, ideas and expertise to support multi-organization collaborations. Our future work continually evolves from existing partnerships and initiative work. Learn more about our PARTNERING STRATEGY.
Here's a glimpse into our local impact and investment:
- 70 percent of our funding stays local
- Since 2010, TPF has invested $18 million locally
- In 2013 alone, 338 organizations were touched by TPF
- Season of Sharing, our region's campaign to prevent homelessness, increased from raising a maximum of $800,000 to raising $2 million in 2014 through five years of TPF's support matching new or increased donations
- TPF created the Legacy of Valor campaign to mobilize our region to support the 100,000 veterans and their families who live and work in Southwest Florida while we build and donate the 2,800-seat Patriot Plaza, a first-ever public-private partnership with the National Cemetery Administration
Interested in more facts about our impact? Learn more.
Learn about these and other concepts used in TPF's approach to philanthropy.
SHARE THIS POST: