Council on Foundations annual meeting is an opportunity to explore the futurePosted on April 27, 2012 by Roxanne Joffe, MagnifyGood
I am preparing to attend the COF annual conference in Los Angeles where Debra Jacobs, President and CEO of The Patterson Foundation, is participating on a round table titled, “Philanthropy and the Digital Public Dialogue: Challenges and New Opportunities.”
The interesting dynamic of strategic communications with The Patterson Foundation is the opportunity to work with partners as we learn and share with each other.
Our belief is that labyrinths of partnerships create maximum impact. To this end, we have been helping Jeff Stanger, founding director of the Center for Digital Information, think through how to maximize this esteemed gathering of participants:
- Geoffrey Cowan, President, Annenberg Foundation Trust at Sunnylands
- Ernest James Wilson III, Dean, Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism, University of Southern California
- Michael Delli Carpini, Dean, Annenberg School for Communication, University of Pennsylvania
- Lee Rainie, Director, Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project
- Lucy Bernholz, Managing Director, Arabella Advisors
- Marta Tellado, Vice President, Communications, Ford Foundation
- Debra Jacobs, President and CEO, The Patterson Foundation
- Matt James, President and CEO, The Center for the Next Generation
- Michael Smith, Senior Vice President, Social Innovation, The Case Foundation
- Mayur Patel, Vice President, Strategy and Assessment, Knight Foundation
- Mary Lou Fulton, Senior Program Manager, The California Endowment
I will be blogging and tweeting from the conference (@roxannejoffe)– looking forward to learning how we can effectively move communications into the 21st century.
Learn about these and other concepts used in TPF's approach to philanthropy.
SHARE THIS POST: