While we can’t ignore the world’s problems, humanity has proven itself corona-resilient when stuck between a rock and a hard place.
In a recent 2-question survey shared by The Patterson Foundation, the first question asks, “What is the most positive experience you've had as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic?”
LIVEAlthough my quest for a delicious shrimp dessert is not getting any love from brave taste-testers, without outside social distractions on the weekends, my exploratory baking career is both failing spectacularly and rising to the occasion. When my creations don’t work and I need a creative pick-me-up, my go-to is drawing.
A few of my artistic coworkers also shared their projects: Beth Duda sculpts felted bowls, Stacey Gadeken knits socks and hand dyes them with Kool Aid or cake icing dye, Nancy Henry nurtures monarchs through their various stages, and she’s cleaned the pond on Proctor/Beneva!, and Hannah Saeger Karnei makes organizing fun by color coordinating everything from books to shoes!
StreamYard, Loom, Zoom, social media, webinars…the list goes on and on. While technology rules the world as we social distance, The Patterson Foundation is adapting and using various outlets to connect in TPF excellence.
- SUMMER PROGRAMS YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS! — offered by the Suncoast Campaign for Grade-Level Reading
o Suncoast Summer Reading Challenge (grades PreK–5)
o THIS BOOK IS COOL! (grades PreK–3)
- As families across the country are adapting to the evolving changes brought about by the pandemic, many are looking for ways to connect. The Suncoast Campaign for Grade-Level Reading and The Florida Center for Early Childhood have teamed up to offer a series of Zoom chats on how The Power of Presence can help guide families through these challenging times.
- Plan with intention for what comes next! If you live or work in Manatee County, join Manatee Community Foundation and The Patterson Foundation for a series of virtual community conversations.
- While the 24 hours of the Giving Challenge 2020 is part of the history books, people can still vote for their favorite nonprofit or discover a new one.
VOTE between May 12–19
- The Patterson Foundation invites you to share a positive experience you've had as a result of the pandemic and the biggest challenge. Please note: submissions are anonymous.
- Census 2020 Zoom backgrounds
In the spirit of keeping our moods lifted, people all over the world are still finding ways to play.
Sara Leonard shares, “You may have seen John Krasinski's latest Some Good News – SGN Graduation. But what you didn't know: my daughter Emma is in it. She's in the group shots ... she's 4th row, far right. You may recognize her background as the worldwide headquarters of the Sara Leonard Group also seen in the TPF Study Away Zoom.” The graduation ceremony begins at 5:56
The Great Realisation shared by Susie Bowie & Kelli Karen Smith
Yes we will fly again shared by Debra Jacobs
Reimagining art shared by Nancy Henry:
So remember, while our current circumstances may not be what we're used to, we can have a new appreication for everything we took for granted before. As Victor Hugo said, “Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”