After months of learning ways to apply earned-income principles to strengthen their missions in our region, the five latest nonprofits to participate in Margin & Mission Ignition are preparing to execute entrepreneurial plans to develop new or expand existing revenue streams.
To support their continued evolution, The Patterson Foundation will match investments made toward the startup costs of the organizations’ entrepreneurial plans. Donations and investments to each organization will be matched dollar for dollar up to 50 percent of the organization’s startup capital requirement — up to $50,000 maximum — through Feb. 15, 2019.
Here’s a breakdown of each of the entrepreneurial plans that Margin & Mission Ignition’s 2018 cohort is currently seeking investors for:
- Beyond the Spectrum: Launching a new onsite Applied Behavioral Analysis Therapy Clinic to provide needed therapy services to more than 100 children with autism and their families who are currently enrolled in school at Beyond the Spectrum.
- Big Cat Habitat and Gulf Coast Sanctuary: Launching a new onsite venue rental business for those who wish to host unique corporate parties, weddings, nonprofit events, and special family gatherings amidst some of nature's most amazing and rare species of animals.
- The Charlotte County Art Guild, Inc. dba Visual Arts Center: Launching a new onsite Art and Supply Store to students, members, and visitors who wish to purchase class supply kits and materials, professional-quality basic art supplies, branded logo items, rental art supply storage lockers, and $1 snacks and beverages.
- Manatee County Habitat for HumanityManatee County Habitat for Humanity: Expanding and growing the newly opened ReStore which offers thrift shoppers the opportunity to buy gently used home furnishing and home improvement items at an affordable price.
- UnidosNow: Launching a new Affordable College Prep and Career Readiness Services venture that goes beyond the traditional offerings that are currently available from local guidance counselors and independent college advisors.
“Through Margin & Mission Ignition, these organizations have embarked on a journey toward greater thrivability, which will ultimately boost their community impact,” said Debra Jacobs, president and CEO of The Patterson Foundation. “The Patterson Foundation’s dollar for dollar match affirms the merits of the mission-aligned business plans.”
Pledges, in-kind contributions, and debt funding are not eligible to be matched.
Follow Margin & Mission Ignition by visiting http://www.thepattersonfoundation.org/blog/margin-mission.html or join the conversation on social media using #TPFMarginMission.