May 2014 – October 2015
Recoding Organizational DNA
Strengthening the Impact
FAQs Click on frequently asked questions below to learn more about this initiative...
Why did The Patterson Foundation support this initiative?
Who participated in Recoding Organizational DNA?
It is important to note that many of the 16 organizations that participated in Recoding Organizational DNA were already working together on certain programs, and many were funded by other foundations in the area. Each was actively involved in their specific area of homelessness.
Recoding Organizational DNA was structured to allow the CEOs, board members, and key staff of nonprofit organizations working in the homelessness space to discuss, share, learn, and act. Beginning in May 2014 and continuing into October 2015, members of these organizations met monthly to discuss homelessness and build relationships:
- All Faiths Food Bank
- Catholic Charities, Diocese of Venice
- Coastal Behavioral Healthcare
- Family Promise of Sarasota
- Goodwill Manasota
- Harvest House Transitional Centers
- Hope Kids Community
- Jewish Family & Children’s Service of the Suncoast
- Legal Aid of Manasota
- Resurrection House
- Sarasota YMCA
- Suncoast Partnership to End Homelessness
- The Center of Hope of South County
- The Glasser/Schoenbaum Human Services Center
- Trinity Without Borders
- United Way 2-1-1 of Manasota