The Patterson Foundation Overview
The Patterson Foundation believes that through communications, technology, and financial innovations, improvements may be achieved that transcend any single issue, entity, or geographic area. We provide resources to facilitate, expedite, and share methods, techniques, and tools, joining with others in creating new realities.
New Realities emerge when organizations engage in innovative collaboration, sharing the value of what they learn by working together to achieve a synergy that benefits all involved and the wider community. The Patterson Foundation believes in delivering value far beyond a single act of philanthropy, creating ripple effects that are felt beyond single communities.
To achieve meaningful impact by connecting with others to create New Realities, The Patterson Foundation embraces the following values:
- Demonstrate integrity blended with joyful stewardship
- Focus on impact while leveraging resources
- Embrace new ideas to address the constantly changing world
- Believe that real change requires depth rather than breadth of resources
- Realize that being accessible and engaged with others is essential to our work
- Understand that resources and expertise beyond the gift provide value
- Strive to learn as we collaborate and share successes and challenges
Rather than having grant cycles, The Patterson Foundation chooses its partners and undertakes philanthropic work others aren’t, can’t or won’t.
When we partner with others, it means The Patterson Foundation is providing energy, effort and intellectual capital above and beyond investing financial resources. We are highly engaged with partners, participating in and providing consultants for strategic planning processes, including communications, technology and business models for financial thrivability.
Our approach requires that we continually look at successes and challenges throughout the partnership, enabling partners to adjust along the way for greatest impact. Rather than evaluating outcomes at the end of a partnership, this consistent seeking of lessons learned, whether formal or informal, positions our partners to be successful and adapt.