October 2013 – Present
Margin & Mission Ignition
Strengthening the Impact
FAQs Click on frequently asked questions below to learn more about this initiative...
Why does The Patterson Foundation support this initiative?
Why is this initiative called Margin & Mission Ignition?
How do nonprofit organizations get involved in Margin & Mission Ignition?
- In partnership with No Margin No Mission, TPF invites non-profit organizations in our region (and having an updated profile on The Giving Partner) to participate in a series of educational labs to learn about earned income. As Mike Oxman and Larry Clark prepare to kickoff this year's exciting initiative, we invite you to participate in the all-NEW, all-FREE Earned Income Webinars, uniquely designed to provide a glimpse into what Margin & Mission Ignition is all about...and to share the many ways in which your organization can benefit from our education and training. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER.
- Nonprofits that attend the labs, meet all participation criteria, and demonstrate alignment of leadership, willingness, readiness, capacity and culture are invited to apply for the 30-month earned income business planning and implementation process.
- Nonprofits selected will be coached to create and implement viable earned-income plans.
- Participating nonprofits will present business plans to investors, donors, and funders in a "fast-pitch" presentation designed to attract needed startup/growth capital.
- Participating nonprofits will be mentored as they implement earned-income plans.
- Participating nonprofits will learn and share from each other at key times.
- Consultants will track and monitor progress for a year following the implementation of the earned-income plans.
Is there a fee to participate?
Which nonprofit organizations are part of Margin & Mission Ignition?
Four nonprofits from Manatee, Sarasota, and Charlotte counties have opted to take on the 30-month process that will provide the opportunity to develop and implement business plans to build capacity, boost revenue, and strengthen their impact in the region during 2017 and 2018:
Humane Society of Manatee County
Peace River Wildlife Center
Prospect Riding Center
Satchel’s Last Resort
The following organizations participated in earned-income planning and implementation in 2016 and are continuing along the 30-month journey:
Charlotte Players, Inc.
Florida Maritime Museum
Gulf Coast Heritage Association (Historic Spanish Point)
The Literacy Council of Sarasota
The Manatee Players, Inc.
The following organizations participated in earned-income planning and implementation in 2015, then opted to complete a bonus discovery in early 2016 — which was a gift from The Patterson Foundation — and have chosen to complete a second earned-income project this year:
Charlotte County Habitat for Humanity
Pines of Sarasota