July 2018 – Present
The Patterson Foundation Fellows Program: A Collaboration with the Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy
Strengthening the Impact
THE PATTERSON FOUNDATION FELLOWS PROGRAM
APPLICATION OPENS SEPTEMBER 21, 2020
CLICK HERE TO VIEW APPLICATION
TIMELINE FOR SELECTION PROCESS
Why does The Patterson Foundation offer the Fellows Program?
Why is The Patterson Foundation collaborating with the Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy?
What does The Patterson Foundation Fellows Program offer?
- A one-year experience for talented early career professionals interested in working in community, corporate or private foundations
- A career-building opportunity to learn from The Patterson Foundation while sharing the fellows' expertise and ideas
- Structured engagement with initiatives and operations through a mix of learning and action objectives
- One-to-one mentoring
- Access to a network of innovative philanthropic leaders
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Be a graduate of the Master of Arts in Philanthropic Studies degree program from the Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy and interested in a career in community, corporate or private foundations
- Be able to reside in Sarasota, Florida, from June 4, 2021 – June 3, 2022
- Have legal authorization to work in the United States (i.e., a U.S. citizen, a noncitizen national of the U.S., a lawful permanent resident, or an alien authorized to work, in accordance with USCIS Form I-9)
Why should I be interested in this opportunity?
- Gain firsthand experience — built around impact philanthropy principles — within The Patterson Foundation and through its work
- Hone your skills while contributing to initiatives based on shared interests
- Work in a joyful environment that welcomes your ideas
- Benefit from one-to-one mentoring
- Expand your career options with foundations through networking support
- Competitive compensation
What assignments and experiences should I expect?
Will my expertise and experience be used?
Where is The Patterson Foundation located? Where will fellows be based?
Fellows will be based at The Patterson Foundation’s office located in Sarasota, a coastal community on Florida's west coast. Sarasota is part of the vibrant Tampa Bay region and known for its beautiful beaches, cultural attractions, and outdoor activities.Learn more about the Sarasota area at:
Will participation lead to a permanent job at The Patterson Foundation?
Will The Patterson Foundation’s Fellows Program expand to other academic institutions?
Who can I contact about The Patterson Foundation Fellows Program?
If you have additional questions, please contact program consultant Joni Steinberg, PhD: jonisteinbergTPF@gmail.com or TPF Fellow Abby Rolland: ARolland@thepattersonfoundation.org
What is the timeline for the selection process?
Please refer to the timeline image shown earlier on this webpage for an overview, which is broken down as follows:
- Application Window — From September 21, 2020 through December 31, 2020
- Deadline to submit application: December 31, 2020.
- Live Video Interviews — Held January 11-15, 2021
The Patterson Foundation will coordinate a specific date and time with you.
- In-Person Interviews — Held January 25-29, 2021 in Sarasota, Florida
All interviews are required to take place in person; specific travel dates will be coordinated with you. Travel expenses are covered by The Patterson Foundation. If COVID-induced travel challenges continue, alternative plans will be made for interviewing finalists.
- Fellows Selected — By late February, 2021
You will be contacted by program consultant Joni Steinberg, PhD, who will inform you on behalf of The Patterson Foundation's Fellows Selection Committee.
- Fellows Begin Employment at The Patterson Foundation — On June 4, 2021
The 2021-22 program will run for one full year, ending on June 3, 2022.
Where do I find the TPF Fellows Program application? What is the deadline to apply?
- A fillable form to provide basic applicant information
- Your resume or CV
- A personal statement that highlights your interest in the opportunity
Are fellows employed full-time? Do fellows receive a salary? Is there a benefits program? Is housing provided?
- Salaries and benefits are competitive for this type of position
- Fellows are eligible for The Patterson Foundation's health, dental, life and disability insurance plans as well as paid holidays and vacation time
- Fellows participating in this one-year experience will be responsible for securing their own housing accommodations in the Sarasota area during that time