The Patterson Foundation builds trust and relationships with others – people, businesses, nonprofits, government, and media – to strengthen people, organizations, and communities, staying the course for positive change.
As of June 30, 2017, The Patterson Foundation (TPF) has supported more than 40 initiatives locally, nationally, and globally, with more than 75% of the dollars invested locally.
- The Giving Challenge has been amplified by TPF matches totaling $11.75 million, thanks to the efforts of 549 organizations raising more than $28.3 million.
- TPF has invested over $2 million locally and $1 million nationally to ensure children are able to read on grade level by 3rd grade, one of the best predictors of later academic success.
– Winner of Campaign for Grade-Level Reading Pacesetter Award 2017
– Winner of All-America City Award 2017
- TPF has provided $3.6 million in matching funds to help prevent homelessness, strengthening the region’s generosity. Since 2000, Season of Sharing has raised almost $17 million.
- Margin & Mission Ignition has been supported by TPF, providing local non-profit organizations with consulting, coaching, and technical assistance to develop and implement earned income products and services to advance their missions, generating upward of $2 million in 2017.
- Working with NetHope and the Center for Disaster Philanthropy on national and international disasters, including Hurricanes Sandy, Harvey, and Irma, Typhoons Botha and Haiyan, earthquakes in Vanuatu and Nepal, the Ebola outbreak, and the Syrian refugee crisis, TPF contributions exceeded $3 million.
- Patriot Plaza, a 2,800-seat ceremonial amphitheater at Sarasota National Cemetery in Florida, was designed, built, fully funded, and donated to the Department of Veterans Affairs. Patriot Plaza features commissioned art that honors veterans, inspires patriotism, and embraces freedom.
- TPF has donated more than $8 million to endowments for EdExploreSRQ, Season of Sharing, Arthritis Foundation, Sister M. Lucia Haas Scholarship for Cardinal Mooney High School, and Patriot Plaza, ensuring long-term sustainability.
- Since 2015, TPF has supported Age-Friendly Sarasota to build a community #ForAllAges. On October 28, 2017, TPF presented the first Age-Friendly Festival in the nation. More than 4,000 people attended the festival that focused on lifelong well-being — #ForAllAges.