Rich Harwood — Live in Bradenton and Sarasota!Posted on September 30, 2019 by Hannah Saeger Karnei, Inaugural TPF Fellow
RSVP here for either event!
What is Stepping Forward?
Stepping Forward shows us how to channel our aspirations, energies, and frustrations to get on a more hopeful path. The book outlines how we can step forward to -
- Turn Outward to see and hear each other and afford every person human dignity.
- Rediscover what we share in common by focusing on our shared aspirations, even amid our real differences.
- Recognize we must tap into our innate capabilities to produce meaningful change.
- Forge a new shared responsibility to marshal community resources to solve problems and harness people’s yearning for genuine engagement.
- Create a new can-do narrative by focusing on civic parables that remind us that we can be actors, shapers, and builders of our shared lives.
Most definitely! Rich has been speaking to communities for 30 years. Some of you may have been a part of his 2014 visit to Sarasota. If you’re not familiar with Rich or The Harwood Institute, you can learn more in this short video.
What do I need to do to attend?
Simply RSVP here and mark your calendar! The events are free and open to all. However, your RSVP helps us plan more accurately so that everyone can have an enjoyable experience.
There’s no need to read Stepping Forward before the event. If you’re interested, you can purchase a copy at the event or pre-register to lead a Stepping Forward Book Circle and pick up your free copies at the event courtesy of The Patterson Foundation.
We can’t wait for you to join us!