The world moves at the speed of change, and change happens at the speed of trust. We believe philanthropy strengthens the efforts of people, organizations, and communities. Strong communities thrive in the face of adversity and work together to achieve shared aspirations.
It all starts with connecting people. The Patterson Foundation is a catalyst for good that encourages collaboration among people, businesses, media, nonprofits, government, and others to accelerate progress toward these aspirations.
Connecting encourages people to learn from each other, to share experiences, and to engage on a deeper level. It’s at the heart of how we work and everything we do.
How We Work
Strengthening our work through philanthropy takes time and intention. Rather than having grant cycles or requests for proposal, we invest in advancing opportunities through process, people, and organizations.
Through our work, we focus on:
- Connecting people and organizations
- Providing expertise
- Encouraging learning and sharing
- Sharing promising practices
- Helping people engage with each other
Importance of Alignment
While everything we do requires trust, we’ve learned that alignment of leadership, willingness, readiness, capacity, and culture is critical to success. Here’s why:
- Leadership — Value of collaboration is understood and used to drive impact
- Willingness — Enthusiasm about working together and with others accelerates change
- Readiness — Ready to strengthen people and communities and ready to embrace the journey
- Capacity — Committed to bringing assets to the work while being actively engaged, implementing strategic recommendations, and collaborating to enhance opportunities
- Culture — Shared belief that strengthening the future starts with evolving opportunities and learnings
Watch President and CEO, Debra Jacobs, explain The Patterson Foundation's approach
(total time: 5 min 38 seconds)