The Patterson Foundation strengthens the efforts of people, organizations, and communities by focusing on issues that address common aspirations, foster wide participation, and encourage learning and sharing.
The Patterson Foundation’s values guide our approach to philanthropy, demonstrating our collaborative philosophy and tenets of change.
We work with others to strengthen their impact by:
- Understanding that resources and expertise beyond the gift provide value
- Being accessible and engaged with others
- Striving to learn as we collaborate and share successes and challenges
We believe meaningful change requires commitment and persistence and encourage this by:
- Embracing new ideas that address a constantly changing world
- Undertaking philanthropic work others are not, cannot, or will not do
We invest for lasting impact by:
- Demonstrating integrity blended with joyful stewardship
- Realizing real change requires depth of resources
- Focusing on impact while leveraging resources
Honoring the Legacy of Dorothy Patterson
Learn more about The Patterson Foundation’s history. Below, Governing Board Chairman John T. Berteau shares about The Patterson Foundation’s benefactor Dorothy Clarke Patterson.